Event ZOOM Link
- Tuesday April 6, 2021 | 10:00 - 11:00 am (Vancouver)
- Meeting ID: 631 9889 5621
- Passcode: 521521
About the Speaker
Michelle Koski is the Executive Director with the Investment Agriculture Foundation (IAF). IAF is a not-for-profit foundation that helps governments deliver a wide range of programs in the agriculture and agri-food sector. Michelle has just completed a strategic planning process that has set the vision for the Board and the organization for the next 5 years. This new vision will see the creation of an IAF Trust and the development of unique IAF programs aimed at addressing challenges and opportunities in the agriculture and agribusiness sectors.
Prior to joining IAF, Michelle served as Regional and Deputy Director for Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, BC region for nine years. She also has an extensive background in regional economic development, international trade as well as agricultural policy and program design. Michelle holds a B.Sc. in Agriculture and an M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics. Prior to joining the Government of Canada, she worked as an economist in the dairy industry.
- Investment Agriculture Programs (Links to an external site.)
- Study of BC Agricultural Sector PDF (Links to an external site.)
- Government policy and agricultural production: a scoping review to inform research and policy on healthy agricultural commodities (Links to an external site.)
- (Links to an external site.)Promoting Research and Development The Government’s Role